Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default SR-71 **OT*** but good story

On 10/14/2015 09:10 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 10/14/2015 5:29 PM, philo wrote:
On 10/14/2015 07:17 PM, Vic Smith wrote:
On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 18:50:21 -0500, philo wrote:

http://www.tickld.com/x/jaw/military...=inf_10_93_ 2

Nice.

Wish I could have seen one in action...
Just saw one after it was retired.

We have one here out by The Boneyard. While it's "cool" looking, I
personally
am more impressed with the B52/X15 pair; the idea of something that *big*
launching something that *fast* that long *ago*...

When I was a kid, I think most of my friends wanted to be a X-15 pilots.

When we took a trip for school and flew for the first time, my friend
puked and that put his X-15 career to a halt.

One of my customers who had been an air-force crewmen told me he only
once was on a mission where he did not puke.

He told me that military pilots aren't made out of the same stuff the
rest of us are made of.