Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Fujisu air conditioner fan motor

On Tuesday, 13 October 2015 21:17:47 UTC+1, wrote:
I've recovered an indoor part of an air conditioner with the wish to
turn it into a fan coil unit to heat a workshop. I have about 2 tonne
of 80C water to dissipate from a wood burner.

Manual at

http://nagyker.columbus-klima.hu/wri...BAB_24LUAR.pdf
and specifically page 12.

As this is an inverter model I was half expecting the motor to be
three phase but it now looks like it is a single phase ( 50Hz 42W 220V
on motor) with a remote start capacitor, and 3 sets of windings.

The three speeds look strange 540, 480 & 390 rpm.

Also apart from blue, purple, red, white and black wires to the motor
there are a second set of thinner black red and white wires pass to
the back of the motor.

I'm looking for insights as to whether I can run the fan without the
control board, on any one of the speeds, any ideas?

AJH

You could conduct a few experiments with the motor if you have an ammeter.
ie Test out wires for continuity & make some random connections & see what happens keeping a check on the current, (ie it doesn't exceed stated max.)
Problem is, at least two windings are need to start the motor.
Sometimes one is disconnected after startup, sometimes not.
Probably not in this case.
The capacitor is a clue, it provides phase shift,(single phase motors are not self starting) so the winding connected in series with this will be the "start winding" and will be used regardless of speed setting.