Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_5_] bert[_5_] is offline

Default OT carrier bag charge

In article ,
whisky-dave writes
On Wednesday, 14 October 2015 15:35:33 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 14/10/2015 12:36, whisky-dave wrote:

I would assume the stronger bags contain more plastic which is why
as the free bags got thinner, staff advise shoppers to use two for
strengh free bags.
SO now I buy a 5p bag and bin liner to line my bin.
Where previously I'd use a free bag. I'm hoping the 5p bags are recyclable.

The supermarket 5p bags are the same ones you got before.

No they are NOT, Not even close.

If need a bag i buy the 6p bag for life in asda on the days they aren't
free.

as I say I don't know if there's a time stamp on these bags.
I don;t think the 5p ones are bags for life.
The bags for life are the ones with handles that are attached to the
bag rather than part of teh bag.

Sainsburys 5p ones ARE bags for life. They are made thicker than the
spec for the "use once" bags and so they are not obliged to pay anything
to "charities".
--
bert