Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Anybody have a Rockwell BladeRunner X2?

On 10/14/2015 1:38 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 09:10:59 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 10/13/2015 10:58 PM, Steve W. wrote:
Snip

Of course, it's a jigsaw. Among the other obvious things... It's very
light, small, and cheap. It wont take off your fingers. It wont shoot a
board into your chest. Blade changes take about four seconds. Blades are
dirt cheap. Blades cut much thinner. You can cut curves. Dust
collection is easier.

40 dollar jig saw can do the same thing, is much more portable and
easier to use. AND yes it can take off your fingers, just not as fast as
some other saws.

The beauty is being able to cut small pieces, which a hand held jig saw
cannot do easily.

Thats true indeed. Which is why I have a Walker Turner 2 range 16"
vertical bandsaw...

But..it is...is a bit bigger and less handy to move around....(grin)

yeah! LOL. I was picturing a guy going up to one of his rental
properties and needing to cut some shoe molding or a short spacer to
fill in a gap.