Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Funk[_3_] Adam Funk[_3_] is offline

Default Should washing machine hoses be replaced every ten years?

On 2015-10-14, wrote:

I think the issue is generally that people have no idea how to buy
long lasting appliances, and no idea when to repair and when to
chuck. Too many people chuck out good stuff to replace it with
short lived gimmicky crap.

What is the secret to buying long lasting appliances then? I've had
back luck with some reputable brands.

(I know some people here don't like Dyson, but our Dyson vacuum
cleaner has lasted 17 years, with one service at a local appliance
shop, one major repair, & one minor one (by me).)