Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Got my Cree flashlight today Equip Review

"Ignoramus20656" wrote in
message ...
I had two similar ****s.

Advertised as premium units, "aircraft aluminum", many lifetime run
hours promised.

Bought on Amazon.

Both broke after a month of moderate use.

Are they repairable?

A few weeks ago I checked the 2xAA Maglite in the glove compartment
and found it had jarred itself On, and the batteries had leaked and
corroded the insides. I wrenched it open, removed the bulb and "Do Not
Remove" part of the holder and pounded out the batteries, scrubbed out
the oxide, reassembled it and it works fine now.

-jsw