Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael[_24_] Michael[_24_] is offline

Default Anybody have a Rockwell BladeRunner X2?

On Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 5:43:43 PM UTC-5, John Doe wrote:
...and isn't afraid to admit it?

What's wrong with a commercial product that employs an upside down
jigsaw? Uses standard, or at least semi-standard, jigsaw blades. I'm
sure it pales in comparison to using common tools like a bandsaw or a
tablesaw, but if it's a toy, this demonstration must be an allusion...

https://youtu.be/Ni_jVfZ5UAM?t=209

I can't imagine using it more than rarely to cut that long panel, but
that is a nifty innovation, to have the cut wood slide through the neck
of the tool. Besides relatively poor performance, I suppose its main
limitation is thickness of material.

Hopefully it would at least be better than a scroll saw for making
straight cuts. I wonder why they don't make deep/wide scroll saw blades
to help make straight cuts possible.

I will look around, but if anybody knows... Does it use a brushed
universal motor so that a speed controller can be attached? It uses a
hefty 5.5 amp motor.

Thanks.

I shall be owning one of these. The excuse will be cutting tile to lay down some tile, but it looks like a really portable, safe, versatile, and, for 100 bucks, a really affordable tool for a lot of other things.