Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Recommendations on .380 ACP ammunition.

On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 05:52:07 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 10/13/2015 4:14 AM, Steve W. wrote:
Steve Walker wrote:
Buying a Glock G42 for the wife, 'cause it's light and small. She has
shot my Ruger 10-22 target pistol, and says it's too heavy. Having a
lot more violent crime happening a mile or so away from where we live,
and she wants a pistol that she can handle, in the house. Looking for
ammunition recommendations, or maybe another pistol recommendation,
must be lightweight, low to mild recoil, and well built.

Ammo -

Precision One 90 grain HP/XTP
Federal Premium Hydra-Shock 90 grain JHP

Both work very well in my PPK.

I tell my students to use whatever ammo that they can hit a cantaloupe
at 25' every time (7 ring on paper). But your choices are good. Any
gun/ammo combination works well as long as you're comfortable and confident.

Well...not exactly true.....a 380 at 50 feet with FMJs...really isnt
what I want to be carrying for a sidearm.

But then..I dont have much use for 380s anyways, even with the new
wonder ammo. I think Id rather carry a .22lr than a 380s..but thats
just me.

The 380 is almost off the paper on the low end for a self defense
cartridge. Shrug

Gunner