jakdedert

Default Schematics for My TV

Seems like the a few GE sets I worked on in the 80's had the schematic in a
little box that snapped into the back of the set. I don't remember the
model #, but these were famous for bad solder joints where coils and
transformers were soldered directly to the board. I fixed at least two of
them with the same problem in the same location.

As far as printing cost is concerned....really?!! Come on.

And liability issues would be?

jak

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
Gary Tait writes:

Whereas On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 17:34:41 -0500, "jakdedert"
scribbled:
, I thus relpy:
Phoo-ey! It wasn't that long ago that schematics were included with

*every*
TV...at least the ones I had occasion to deal with as a
consumer/experimenter.

I don't know when that was, but the most I've ever seen in televisions
was a parts layout diagram, and that was before the all-in-one main
boards. True, I have seen them glued inside import radios from the
1970s, and some CB gear, and Tandy was at one time good for including
a schematic with some of their gear. I have also seen them reithr
glued to the back of large appliances, or tucked into the control
panel.

Last I saw was in a Mitsubishi from around 1985. A wonderful, high

quality,
foldout schematic. Not sure if it was taped inside or included with the
customer information. Too bad that TV hasn't needed service.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Home Page: http://www.repairfaq.org/
| Mirror Site Info: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Important: The email address in this message header may no longer work.

contact me, please use the Feedback Form at repairfaq.org. Thanks.