Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Mackie SR24.4

John Smith wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with the Mackie SR24.4

A customer asked if I could repair one which he said had a power issue.

So I was hoping for an easy power supply repair but on opening it I find
this in channel 11.

s651.photobucket.com/user/jbloggs2/library

Sorry Mr Customer I don't think it's going to be repairable.

** It might take a bit of time and work, but that looks repairable to me.

Mackie don't bother to de-couple each channel with fusible resistors in case of a short. Op-amps can be the cause and then PSU delivers up to 20 watts of heat into one - starting a small fire.

I would start by removing all the burnt parts and seeing if the PSU fault is cleared.

.... Phil