Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Mary.Schooner@innernet2.com is offline

Default bonding rubber sheets

On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 20:02:14 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

I have two sheets of "rubber" -- ea approx 6x12" -- that I would like to
bond together (face to face) AS IF they were a single sheet. I.e.,
6x12" but thicker.

"Rubber cement"!

But, last time I used this was in grade school and I don't recall
using it for *rubber*!

Nor do I recall it as being a particularly strong bond! OTOH,
I (belatedly!) understand that such an adhesive needs to be flexible
(at least in some applications -- mine) and not brittle!

I'm concerned primarily with shear loads, vibration, temperature
extremes (-30F -- +130F), moisture, etc.

Does "rubber cement" have these characteristics? Was my childhood
exposure to it just driven by some *other* "advantage" that it
had, back then (cheap, safe, etc.) -- considering the uses a
kid would have for it wouldn't tend to need "strength", durability,
etc.

I've never used Rubber Cement. I just slip the rubber on my dick and get
down to business!