CW

Default RCA TV CTC203U5 Intermittent Problem

In article ,
says...
Hi,

I have an RCA F19424, CTC203U5 (19" pic) in my shop. The set
had a black screen (no HV) and sound was present. Customer said
picture would go black and he would hit the TV to bring it back. I
tried virbration, flexing PCB, probing parts, etc. but that had no effect. I
soldered several suspect joints (did'nt work). Turning TV on with a loop from
scope around FBT core did not show any FBT activity at the moment the TV was
turned on. 139V (B+) was present at H.O.T. collector. While I was away from
the bench, the picture came on! Reg B+ with picture is 130V. I did not have
a chance to check the horiz drive when the problem was active. Now,
the picture comes on ever time. Did you have a similar case?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Tip for your old computer (reduce discard pollution too):

If you can't sell your old computer, don't throw it away. Use it to backup
your software by transferring files/folders from your new computer or laptop
to it. I transferred my Windows folder and other stuff to my old computer
using "PC Link", which I downloaded from
www.simtel.net (cool site).

http://www.simtel.net/pub/dl/52792.html (info or download)

Remove L14401, clean up the hot glue on the legs of the coil and the
circuit board. Reinstall the coil. This should fix your problem.

Good Luck, CW