Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Trash collection

Moe DeLoughan posted for all of us...

On 10/10/2015 9:00 AM, KenK wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote in :

KenK wrote:
For years I've been washing and saving commercial aluminum pie crust
plates. I use them for chicken pot pies. Then there's the pile of 8
1/2 x 11" legal pad cardboard backing.

There must be a good use for these or, obviously, I'd not be
collecting them. But what?

The cardboard? Door hinge shims.

You don't suppose I'm just a pack rat, do you?

Not at all, just frugal. How big is your rubber band ball?

I don't keep them in a ball. Just two plastic bags full.

They don't keep for very long. They rot.

My next door neighbor's daughter came into town to spend a month with
her elderly mom. She told me that when she was here last year, she
spent two weeks cleaning out the junk - rubber bands, newspapers,
margarine containers, coffee cans, plastic lids - her frugal mother
obsessively saves "just in case". She said when she came back this
year, it was like she'd never cleaned her mom's house at all. Her mom
thinks she's doing a good thing by saving this stuff, but all she's
doing is making more work for her kids (and cluttering up her basement
with bags and boxes of trash).

If you haven't found a use for it after a year, it's junk. Get rid of it.

Send her here.

--
Tekkie