Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Trash collection

On Friday, October 9, 2015 at 11:33:49 AM UTC-5, KenK wrote:
For years I've been washing and saving commercial aluminum pie crust
plates. I use them for chicken pot pies. Then there's the pile of 8 1/2 x
11" legal pad cardboard backing.

There must be a good use for these or, obviously, I'd not be collecting
them. But what?

You don't suppose I'm just a pack rat, do you?

I used to keep "some" newspaper around. Remember when there was such a thing as newspapers? I limited the stack to a certain height and disposed of anything that surpassed the limit unless I knew I had a painting project coming up. I used the newspaper as a puppy pad for the dog to drop a load on, as packing material for a UPS shipment, something to put on a workbench when I was cleaning parts and to catch the peelings from whatever I was peeling plus eggshells which made cleanup a lot easier. I've kept some of the aluminum pie plates and other thin aluminum food pans to use when soaking and cleaning small parts in solvents that would damage a plastic container. I keep some of the thin cardboard backing from notepads around to put under things that I cut with a razor knife. One or more layers will protect the surface of a table or workbench. The thin cardboard is also good for making templates. I'm sure a ninja could use the items as weapons. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Ninja Monster