Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Add-on to make accurate cuts with a rotary tool?

On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 12:47:43 -0400
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

snip
Now that you've revealed it, there's lots to go wrong, like igniting
sawdust and ruining the saw and motor bearings with grit. I run mine
at around 1800 RPM with a small motor that will lift to slip the belt
when the disk jams. I've shattered a cutoff wheel on my surface
grinder and don't need a repeat performance while I'm standing in the
fragments' flight path.

Harbor Freight has a little 6.5 inch and a 2 inch cutoff saw:

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-55...saw-61659.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-in-mi...saw-61900.html

and they sell a guard to go on/with their small angle grinders that you
could use like a table saw. Clamp your angle grinder in something
upside down:

http://www.harborfreight.com/safety-...ers-61680.html

Lotsa of ways to get-it-done...

--