Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Add-on to make accurate cuts with a rotary tool?

wrote in message
On Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 10:10:38 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

I'd use a surface grinder and my Newbould Grindit:

http://www.imperialnewbould.com/the-...d-grindit.html

It's the kind of expensive tool that no one in this group can
really appreciate. Mine has paid for itself many times over with
side jobs I've done with it.

There is a difference between appreciating a tool and being able to
justify buying it. Hard to justify that expense when doing
recreational metalworking.

Dan

I looked into surface grinder accessories like punch formers and
radius dressers so I'd recognize a good one at an auction, but still
couldn't justify one for the mostly computer and microwave prototype
machining work I did.
http://www.shars.com/punch-former-radius-dresser

Sometimes it's better to contract out a one-time job and spend
valuable time on other parts of the project.

-jsw