Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Add-on to make accurate cuts with a rotary tool?

On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 23:37:37 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 01:51:26 +0000 (UTC), John Doe
wrote:

I need to slice a piece off of a 1 1/4 inch socket. Also need to cut
a slot
into that socket.

Sure would be nice to have a rotary tool add-on...

1. That holds the rotary tool stationary.

2. Slowly and steadily moves or spins the work into the rotary tool
cut off
wheel (or other attachment).

It's called a lathe and a toolpost bracket to hold the rotary
tool. -
Poor man's tool post grinder.

I made my first one from a copper pipe cap that fit the end of the
Dremel closely.

I made mine from a chunk of Delrin - drilled a hole to fit my
handpiece, and another to fit on my compound toolholder post.