Brad Petria

Default RCA TV CTC203U5 Intermittent Problem

Hi,

I have an RCA F19424, CTC203U5 (19" pic) in my shop. The set
had a black screen (no HV) and sound was present. Customer said
picture would go black and he would hit the TV to bring it back. I
tried virbration, flexing PCB, probing parts, etc. but that had no effect. I
soldered several suspect joints (did'nt work). Turning TV on with a loop from
scope around FBT core did not show any FBT activity at the moment the TV was
turned on. 139V (B+) was present at H.O.T. collector. While I was away from
the bench, the picture came on! Reg B+ with picture is 130V. I did not have
a chance to check the horiz drive when the problem was active. Now,
the picture comes on ever time. Did you have a similar case?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Tip for your old computer (reduce discard pollution too):

If you can't sell your old computer, don't throw it away. Use it to backup
your software by transferring files/folders from your new computer or laptop
to it. I transferred my Windows folder and other stuff to my old computer
using "PC Link", which I downloaded from www.simtel.net (cool site).

http://www.simtel.net/pub/dl/52792.html (info or download)