Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default Lidl parking

In message , Bob Minchin
writes
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Bob Minchin
writes
Rod, it is possible that they may have different stocking policies in
your part of the world. Initially I used to go in for their
promotional items - tools etc and then tried a few food items and
liked them and it grew from there. I still can't just write out my
shopping list and expect to get everything in ALDI but in UK they and
several other supermarkets supply their prices to www.mysupermarket.com
And so I can see exactly who sells what and for how much as well as
the special offers. So far LIDL have refused to play ball with the
website but ALDI, ASDA, Tesco, sainsburys, morrisons waitrose and
ocado show their wares.

Bob, I don't shop and had not come across the *mysupermarket* site.
Warburtons seeded loaf are an issue with my shopper as they are not
always in stock.

Does that site do an *availability* service. I had a poke round and gave
it my post code but could not find an *in stock* feature.

If you are a seeded loaf fan try the Bergen range £1/800gm in ASDA.
They have about three different seed mixes. We like the sunflower and
chia variant. They tend to have the seeds in the bread rather than a
feeble attempt to glue them on the outer surface.

Sometimes items are marked as out of stock on mysupermarket but I think
that is more when there is a supply issue and the warehouses have no
stock.
Not aware of a store by store stock indicator in the same way as Argos,
B&Q, toolsatan screwfix etc present their stock positions.

No, and the supermarkets don't present that info on their shopping sites
either - though sometimes out of stock if they have none and know they
won't I guess (which is where I presume mysupermarket pull their data
from).

1 it would be meaningless in terms of online shopping - unless they had
some system of reserving stock - someone else might have bought it.

2. cue people turning up and saying 'it said it was in stock on the
website blah blah blah' when they have sold out in the hour since the
person looked.

A bit different for Ocado, of course cos they operate out of a warehouse
and can easier better stock control and allocation.
--
Chris French