Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Lidl parking

"michael adams" wrote in message

"tim....." wrote in message

"michael adams" wrote in message

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 14:11:23 +0100, michael adams wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
[quoted text muted]

There's plenty online, especially in local groups, of people who've
ignored these demands and simply thrown them away without any
consequences at all.

Dangerous advice, post Beavis. *Probably* what would happen. But the
courts have allowed it now.

As it happens I wasn't advising the OP to do anything. I was simply
making
an observation.

Any advice on offer would have been in the webpage to which I left a
link

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/c...going-far.html

As to Beavis I'm not aware of any judgement being made,
and in any case with Beavis, there is no disagreement as
to fact.

Beavis has been found in favour of the parking company at the appeal
court, as such is precedence creating and applies everywhere (in England)

The Supreme count have heard Beavis' (2nd) appeal and the world is
awaiting their response.

That's what I just said, above.

(After that there's nowhere else to go - this isn't a subject likely to
get a very positive response for a hearing at the European court)

tim

Unlike in this case, AFAIUI Beavis is appealing simply on the grounds
that it's "unfair"; on a matter of principle, not on matters of fact.
And as such I'm rather surprised that he's got this far.

The principle being that the fine does not conform to the assumption that it
must be a reasonable estimate of actual loss.

The case is arguable (if you have unlimited pockets)

tim