Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Lidl parking

News wrote
Dave Liquorice wrote
alan_m wrote

Costco, about once/quarter, but they keep dropping
things we want as well. The membership fee was easy
to save 10 years ago but it's getting close now, the other
problem is that CostCo is a hundred mileround trip.

Indeed. Our 'local' Costco is a fifty mile round trip,

Mine is a 500 mile round trip.

and again, probably four times a year.

I don't do it at all.

I've just renewed the subscription,
and am not convinced it is worthwhile.

Yeah, it wouldn't be for me, so I haven't bothered.

Having said that, Wifey had a free eye test there, and
bought specs for far less than high street prices, so
perhaps that alone makes it worthwhile for another year.

Not here it doesn't. Our eye tests are covered by our equivalent of
the NHS and they have to give you the prescription if you ask for it
and I just order them online from Zenni Optical usually.