Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl parking

On Fri, 9 Oct 2015 17:08:59 +0100, alan_m wrote:

not my findings round here.

Not many knuckle draggers up here either.

The knuckle dragging ****wits that use my local Lidl/Aldi fill the car
parks with their Chelsea tractors and can be heard to say how
down-market the shop is as they pile their trolleys high.

That's the customers of the Waitrose, 400 yds from a Tesco Extra that
has an Aldi next door. Aldi suffers from elderly ditherers.

I've also switched some of the shop to Aldi in the last year, fresh
veg is cheaper than Tesco by 20% ish, is equal in quality and
generally has a better shelf life. Other things have been tried and
some rejected some adopted as one might expect.

Tesco are ****ing me off at them moment by dropping some of the
things that we like but aren't easily available elsewhere. Stock
items varies across stores as well, I was shopping coming home from
work last night about midnight as I was passing within a couple of
miles of a store that does stock things we want that the normal store
doesn't.

Waitrose have an intersting promo at the moment, get a "My Waitrose"
card and you can choose up to 10 items from selected ones to get an
extra 20% discount on those items. That 20% on top of any other
promo/reduction/offer. This does bring some things below Tesco
prices...

Costco, about once/quarter, but they keep dropping things we want as
well. The membership fee was easy to save 10 years ago but it's
getting close now, the other problem is that CostCo is a hundred mile
round trip.

--
Cheers
Dave.