Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Lidl parking

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 20:02:56 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 14:51:23 +0100, tim.....
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 16:45:00 +0100, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
charles wrote:
And the more people that follow your example the quicker they will
drop the scheme as uneconomic.

is it? Our local one has a comparatively small car park where it
was
usually necessary to wait some considerable time to get an parking
space. Often, I just went elsewhere. Now, with a camera monitored
system, a parking space is usually available, implying that many of
the
spaces were being used by non-customers - so I will continue to shop
there. Some people may, on principle stop going there, but others
will
take their place.

Yes. The Lidl car park at Clapham Junction isn't as big as many of
their
others - and before the scheme could be difficult to get a space.

Supermarkets should have adequate parking. They should be sited on
large
areas of ground. If they don't, they can **** off. I want to park my
car, go shopping, then go home. I will not mess about with ****ing
tickets.

and bugger the people who live in town centres and don't have cars then

That's a stupid place to live.

Not necessarily.

Towns are for shops and factories.

It can be quite convenient to live above/behind the shop.

Yes, so you can hear everyone talking all day.

Not when the shop isn't open.

How wonderful.

You don't qualify.