Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tough Guy no. 1265 Tough Guy no. 1265 is offline

Default Lidl parking

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 05:12:24 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 16:45:00 +0100, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
charles wrote:
And the more people that follow your example the quicker they will
drop the scheme as uneconomic.

is it? Our local one has a comparatively small car park where it was
usually necessary to wait some considerable time to get an parking
space. Often, I just went elsewhere. Now, with a camera monitored
system, a parking space is usually available, implying that many of the
spaces were being used by non-customers - so I will continue to shop
there. Some people may, on principle stop going there, but others will
take their place.

Yes. The Lidl car park at Clapham Junction isn't as big as many of their
others - and before the scheme could be difficult to get a space.

Supermarkets should have adequate parking.

Easier said than done in some places.

Then they shouldn't be in those places. People shopping in supermarkets buy a lot at once, so need a car.

They should be sited on large areas of ground.

Tends to a bit of a shortage of those in some places
where some are silly enough to want to live and shop.

Then they can drive out to where the supermarket is.

If they don't, they can **** off.

Off got sick of being ****ed.

You're supposed to turn somebody on before ****ing.

I want to park my car, go shopping, then go home.

And I use supermarkets where I can do that.

Tad radical I know.

Same here. So what are they grumbling about up there?

I will not mess about with ****ing tickets.

I might well do if there is no alternative
and I want to use that supermarket because
what they have on offer is better than in
the supermarket that does use tickets,
particularly if when not having tickets
you can't find anywhere to park.

Having tickets would be a BIG reason to avoid it. Other reasons include having to remember a £1 coin for your trolley, having silly voucher schemes, and insisting you wear a shirt to shop.

--
I got invited to a party and was told to dress to kill. Apparently a turban, beard and a backpack wasn't what they had in mind.