Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default Lidl parking

"Adrian" wrote in message ...

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 16:53:01 +0100, Richard wrote:

Because you and Adrian snip relevant parts of the dialogue, context gets
lost.

I only snip the irrelevant bits, and all the relevant context is still
there.

Debatable.
From my post:
Yes indeed. When I was a lad (1950's) my local suburban commuter
station (Ewell West) had a couple of dozen car parking spaces, but it
was seldom more than half full. Most of those commuters who were lucky
enough to have a car left it at home with the wife.

And the wife drove in those days?

No. She stayed at home with the car and did woman's work.

So why didn't he park the car at the station ?

Because he preferred to walk to the station, or there were no ****ing
parking spaces.

And my mum drove the car in the 50s.

There is quite a lot that goes straight over the top with you.

Even Liz drove a truck in the 40s and could fix basic problems too.

Victoria didn't drive and she should have fixed some basic problems when it
was not politically incorrect to do so.
/q

Adam's response to yours:
"Adrian" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 10:51:42 +0100, Richard wrote:

So why didn't he park the car at the station ?

Because he preferred to walk to the station, or there were no ****ing
parking spaces.

Or, more likely, because people weren't so inherently lazy, so didn't
even consider driving half a mile to the station...

But why did he not drive to work?
/q

And from there, poor old Dave couldn't cope with following what was going
on.