Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Lidl parking

"michael adams" wrote in message

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
The Lidl branch I most use is at Clapham Junction. They have number
recognition cameras, and ask you for your car number at the checkout.
Which then gives you up to 90 minutes free parking.

Had a demand for a fine from the company that runs it for them.

There's plenty online, especially in local groups, of people
who've ignored these demands and simply thrown them away
without any consequences at all.
As its cropped up before, and so presumably is actually
in their letter they can't "fine" anyone. Only the Courts
can do that.

I'm not sure of the legal basis on which people have got away
with ignoring these things, but a few minutes Googling may
provide more information.

the legal basis is that it's more expensive for the company to collect the
required evidence that they have complied with all the rules on "private
parking enforcement" than to let you off. So they let you off. (Of course
it could be that they may have started to compile that evidence only to
discover that they don't have it - I couldn't possible comment)

Unless you just happen to be the one that they chose to take to court to
remind all the numpties who maintain that "they have no right to "fine"
you", that they do, in fact have that right (if they have complied with all
the rules on "private parking enforcement" etc, etc)

tim