Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl parking

In article ,
Richard wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

In article ,
newshound wrote:
Yes indeed. When I was a lad (1950's) my local suburban commuter station
(Ewell West) had a couple of dozen car parking spaces, but it was seldom
more than half full. Most of those commuters who were lucky enough to
have a car left it at home with the wife.

And the wife drove in those days?

No. She stayed at home with the car and did woman's work.

I'd expect so. When I were a lad in the '50s, it was far less common for
women to drive - even if there was a family car, which again wasn't
everyone.

--
*Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid altogether *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.