Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New steel I don't recognize

On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 07:19:51 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

" fired this volley in
:

So if the fresh cut ends do not rust, why did they bother to galvanize
it?

Umm.... If I knew that, then I'd not have asked!

I'm going to do another 'wet' experiment, this time with salt in the wound.
It could be this stuff was prepared for a marine environment, although I
don't recall the use of gavanizing from when I was in the Navy.

Lloyd

To me it sounds like racking for switchgear or high voltage
transmission towers. The crossbeams that hold the insulators are
generally heavily hot dip galvanized .