Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Lidl parking

On 09/10/2015 18:21, Adrian wrote:
On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 18:13:08 +0100, Nightjar cpb wrote:

The Lidl branch I most use is at Clapham Junction. They have number
recognition cameras, and ask you for your car number at the checkout.
Which then gives you up to 90 minutes free parking...

Why don't they just read the number going in and the number going out,
which is what my local Lidl does?

Probably because even short-term minutes parking near Clapham Junction is
at an expensive premium, and if the store want to provide it free to
their customers, they want to ensure their customers aren't blocked out
of all spaces by non-customers...

Fair enough. In the same town as my Lidl you get the first two hours
free in the town centre car park.

--
Colin Bignell