Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default Joist Attachment

On 10/9/2015 7:22 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, October 9, 2015 at 2:01:46 AM UTC-4, wrote:

Since he lives in a tornado area and is building a whole new house,
wouldn't it be a better and probably simpler idea to build a small
tornado shelter room that will be underground, off the basement,
that's independent of the house above it?

There's no really perfect place to build a tornado shelter. A house or
debris could fall on the entrance and people would be trapped. I think
a good idea would be to build a couple of access entrances to an under
ground shelter. Store food, lights, batteries, a working cell phone, and
other essentials in the shelter. I'd love to have a tornado shelter,
but they're so darn expensive.

--
Maggie