Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default Lidl parking

Most of the local hospitals use this sort of system these days, but what
throws a lot of them is blind people with blue badges, as we can turn up in
almost any car, so their cunning plan to ally a car number with a badge
won't work.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Chris wrote:
The Lidl branch I most use is at Clapham Junction. They have number
recognition cameras, and ask you for your car number at the checkout.
Which then gives you up to 90 minutes free parking.

Had a demand for a fine from the company that runs it for them. On
that occasion, the till person obviously forgot to ask me for my
details. Not that I noticed at the time. And they could have changed
the system anyway.

Emailed the car park company and said I'd paid by plastic so they
could check with the store easily that I'd used the store on the date
and time in question.

Some time later, I've had an email asking me to prove I made a
purchase. They want a copy of the till receipt.

As it happens I do still have it - as I bought something with a
warranty. But had it been just groceries, would have been junked the
same day.

So I've told them to check themselves. Be interesting to see what
happens next.

How do they link your car registration with your payment card? Did you
give them your card number in the first email?

They wrote to me initially. So obviously have my name and address. Lidl
will have the name etc on their records - it appears on the receipt, along
with the card number.

As I said, what happens if I didn't have the receipt? Just how many people
keep grocery receipts for weeks?

--
*Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.