Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Joist Attachment

On Friday, October 9, 2015 at 7:22:56 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, October 9, 2015 at 2:01:46 AM UTC-4, wrote:

Since he lives in a tornado area and is building a whole new house,
wouldn't it be a better and probably simpler idea to build a small
tornado shelter room that will be underground, off the basement,
that's independent of the house above it?

Back in the 90's I was working on a generator installation at the home of a fairly well off fellow who had a fallout shelter in his basement built sometime in the late 50's or early 60's. It was solid concrete and I'm sure a tornado could suck the home up to the land of Oz and the fallout shelter would still be there. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Shelter Monster