Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default OT Stoptober

On 09/10/2015 12:40, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
Steph wrote:

On Thursday, 8 October 2015 17:32:29 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 08/10/2015 17:24, Phil L wrote:
"Steph" wrote in message
Is any of you taking part in these Stoptober shannigans? I delayed
starting
because of a wedding. I am on day 5 and trying to work but like
buggery can
I focus. I've given myself aims, 1 save enough money from not
smoking to
get
another tattoo and 2, spending money for a Muse concert.

It is really hard battling not to go to the local shop.

Everyone is either a smoker or a non smoker, decide which you want
to be
and
make it so.
You don't need a gimmick like 'stoptober' to give you the kick up
the arse.

Get an inhaler / ecig / puffer thing and have a drag on that if it
gets too
much.

I packed in smoking for 2 years once, they were the most miserable 24
months
of my life, everyone said to me, 'can't believe you started smoking
again,
you'd have had another 10 years of life if you'd stayed packed in',
and I
invariably replied, 'yeah, that's why I started again'

Ha, I know that feeling well. I only stopped for 3 weeks many moons
ago. I have never climbed so many walls in such a short space of time
:-)

That's the problem I am having usually when working, I will resolve my
work
issues whilst having a fag break, standing looking at it. Now I have
to find
something else to resolve my work issues that doesn't involve lighting
up. It
makes you wonder if anyone has murdered anyone while going through
withdrawl
and pleaded insanity.

You could grow a beard. I used to bite my nails and this gave me
something else to fiddle with while cogitating.

Picking one's nose could be another alternative distraction, Lol.