Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Stoptober

In article ,
Bod wrote:
In article ,
Bod wrote:
I've been vaping for about 2 months and reduced my real ciggies (roll
ups) down to 4 a day, BUT, I'm slowing creeping up to about 10 a day,
but I put 2 filters in a roll up, so I'm only smoking about half a fag
in reality.
The vape helps cut down though.
*Must try harder* :-)

What strength liquid are you using?

12.

Right. I'd recommend 18 when first changing from fags to venting. Once
you're well off the fags, you can try a weaker one.

Ok, thanks for the advice.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/10/2015 12:40, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
Steph wrote:

On Thursday, 8 October 2015 17:32:29 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 08/10/2015 17:24, Phil L wrote:
"Steph" wrote in message
Is any of you taking part in these Stoptober shannigans? I delayed
starting
because of a wedding. I am on day 5 and trying to work but like
buggery can
I focus. I've given myself aims, 1 save enough money from not
smoking to
get
another tattoo and 2, spending money for a Muse concert.

It is really hard battling not to go to the local shop.

Everyone is either a smoker or a non smoker, decide which you want
to be
and
make it so.
You don't need a gimmick like 'stoptober' to give you the kick up
the arse.

Get an inhaler / ecig / puffer thing and have a drag on that if it
gets too
much.

I packed in smoking for 2 years once, they were the most miserable 24
months
of my life, everyone said to me, 'can't believe you started smoking
again,
you'd have had another 10 years of life if you'd stayed packed in',
and I
invariably replied, 'yeah, that's why I started again'

Ha, I know that feeling well. I only stopped for 3 weeks many moons
ago. I have never climbed so many walls in such a short space of time
:-)

That's the problem I am having usually when working, I will resolve my
work
issues whilst having a fag break, standing looking at it. Now I have
to find
something else to resolve my work issues that doesn't involve lighting
up. It
makes you wonder if anyone has murdered anyone while going through
withdrawl
and pleaded insanity.

You could grow a beard. I used to bite my nails and this gave me
something else to fiddle with while cogitating.

Picking one's nose could be another alternative distraction, Lol.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.sheds

"Brian-Gaff" wrote in message ...

Well many people seem to reckon that they need some crutch like patches or
sweetie things to tail off. There are two problems, one is the hand habit
and the other the addiction, trying to tackle both at once is too much for
some people.

I read somewhere on the interwibble that moderate use of the "hand habit"
can make you slightly short-sighted.

Is there any truth in this?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Eager" wrote in message ...

She gave up when we were trying to start a family. Went on a Continental
coach trip with friends and just took nothing to smoke with her.

Coincidently my wife used to smoke during sex until one day I drove into a
brick wall.

Airbags would have saved her

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.sheds

In article ,
Phelim O' Hooter wrote:
I read somewhere on the interwibble that moderate use of the "hand
habit" can make you slightly short-sighted.

Is there any truth in this?

Surely you'd know?

--
*Many people quit looking for work when they find a job *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.sheds

Depends whether you set fire to your todger I'd imagine, as that is what you
are no doubt eluding to.
Grow up! :-)

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"Phelim O' Hooter" wrote in message

"Brian-Gaff" wrote in message ...

Well many people seem to reckon that they need some crutch like patches or
sweetie things to tail off. There are two problems, one is the hand habit
and the other the addiction, trying to tackle both at once is too much for
some people.

I read somewhere on the interwibble that moderate use of the "hand habit"
can make you slightly short-sighted.

Is there any truth in this?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.sheds

Pardon?

--

Remember if you don't like what I post, don't feel my posts.

"Brian-Gaff" wrote in message ...

Depends whether you set fire to your todger I'd imagine, as that is what you
are no doubt eluding to.
Grow up! :-)

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

"Brian-Gaff" wrote in message ...

Well many people seem to reckon that they need some crutch like patches or
sweetie things to tail off. There are two problems, one is the hand habit
and the other the addiction, trying to tackle both at once is too much for
some people.

I read somewhere on the interwibble that moderate use of the "hand habit"
can make you slightly short-sighted.

Is there any truth in this?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/10/2015 23:09, Steph wrote:
Ah, that is interesting. Women's hormones are bad anyway without adding withdrawl.

Both the people in this house ended up hypothyroid and needing to take
thyroid hormone every day within months/a couple of years of giving up.
One M and one F.

Both gave up by cutting down then simply stopping. No vaping,
wellbutrin, gum, patches or anything else.

--
Rod

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/10/15 22:04, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , polygonum
wrote:

On 08/10/2015 23:09, Steph wrote:
Ah, that is interesting. Women's hormones are bad anyway without adding
withdrawl.

Both the people in this house ended up hypothyroid and needing to take
thyroid hormone every day within months/a couple of years of giving
up. One M and one F.

Is this another way that smoking ****s you up then?

No. Pure coincidence

--
Global warming is the new Margaret Thatcher. There is no ill in the
world it's not directly responsible for.