Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default New steel I don't recognize

On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 09:58:43 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Thu, 08 Oct 2015 16:33:13 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Thu, 8 Oct 2015 13:20:48 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 1:08:48 PM UTC-7, Uncle Loud wrote:

Geesh, Ed. You've drawn conclusions based on things I never wrote.

If you cannot be helpful, how about not 'helping'?

Lloyd

Uncle Loud finally gets something right. It's pretty rare when this happens. Sort of like a stopped clock being right 2x a day. :)

slow eddy pretends to be an expert at everything.

slow eddy is a liar and a fraud.

(the little weasel lies in wait behind his trash can, waiting for
something to go by that he can jump on and bite...but two of his
antagonists show up at once...which ankle should he go for? There's
Uncle Loud, and nsf Eddie...juicy ankles on both...decisions,
decisions...

Ed has been particularly tough on the little weasel lately. Let's go
bite him!)

When I was a kid and used to have to "do the chores" we had a rooster
that used to lie in wait behind the hen house and when you would come
by with a bucket to water the chickens would come screaming out,
flapping his wings, and attack you. The first and second time it
happened I dropped the pail and ran but the third time I carried a
length of 1 x 4 and teed off (with a 1 x 4 club you can hit a tee shot
on a chicken and get about a 6 feet drive :-). The rooster never
bothered me again.

Which goes show that I am some what smarter than a rooster and jon is
somewhat dumber, as he keeps coming back for more :-)

Good story. My wife, who was raised in central Illinois and who spent
summers on her grandparents' farm, said that she was never afraid of
the pigs. She was afraid of the chickens. It was their beady little
eyes and the aggressive roosters that scared her.

If you saw a comparison with Bonkers, the difference is that
clobbering him with a 2x4 wouldn't stop him. He has no sense in that
regard. You just have to keep whacking him.

But he makes himself such an easy target that it's not very
challenging. It's just a pain in the neck.

--
Ed Huntress