Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Anyone familiar with First Alert OneLink detectors?

On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 3:37:47 PM UTC-4, Josh wrote:
On Tue, 06 Oct 2015 21:59:36 -0400, bobmct
wrote:

Recently installed 3 combo and 4 smoke only OneLink wireless devices.
All were set and programmed per the instruction sheet. All
individually test OK when using the test button. However, how can one
determine if all are communicating when an actual alarm occurs?
Testing seems to test only the individual unit. Any ideas? I can
find no such info on the Mfgs web site or in the supplied manual.

Thx

---

I just installed 6 of these in our house -- when I test one, all of
them sound (siren and saying the room name where the test button was
pressed). If they're not all sounding while testing, I'm guessing
they are not set up to link properly. There's a specific sequence you
do on one of the already-linked and the new one on battery install to
add each detector to the network.

Josh

That's how I would hope they would work but that's not what the nice lady
at First Alert Customer Service said.

According to her, you have to test the main one for all to respond. I'm glad
to hear she may be wrong because I would want them all to sound from any
test button. That would be the only way I would know that the mesh networking
feature was working.