Posted to alt.home.repair

Default TV turns itself off & on ..

On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 1:23:57 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 8 Oct 2015 09:11:04 -0700 (PDT), Uncle
Monster wrote:

What I have is actually a rechargeable folding Bluetooth headset which has a microphone built-in to one of the earphones. They're inexpensive and work very well.

Do you know what brand you have? There's inexpensive, and then there
is that Tmart spam I get, and buy.com, with stuff so cheap I'm sure it
doesn't work or doesn't work well.

IIRC, I bought a phone from buy.com and something was missing or didn't
work and they woudln't send it to me. They said they only shipped whole
items, and I pointed out that they sold this separately, but they still
wouldn't send it.

I haven't tried video chat or Skype with them yet but I may some time soon. ^_^

Very good.

The Bluetooth headset is the SoundBot brand which I bought in July. It's been trouble free. I also have a Bluetooth adapter from them that works very well. Right now I have on wired headphones that are the AmazonBasics brand. They're inexpensive but they're very good quality. I wore out some studio ear covering sound isolation headphones that have a 20' cord which sell for $100 but the $15 AmazonBasics headphones which are surprisingly good make more sense. If I break them, they're cheap to replace. I can even buy some spares to have on hand or to give to friends. ^_^

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NBEWB4U

[8~{} Uncle Ear Monster