Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default TV turns itself off & on ..

On Thu, 08 Oct 2015 11:58:20 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 10/7/2015 6:14 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/7/2015 5:44 PM, bob_villa wrote:
On Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 3:09:56 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Next up- - - 60" curved screen Ultra HD. Praying for a bad thunderstorm.

Curved is a gimmick, it will diminish peripheral viewing. Good on your far
side, but bad on your close side. 4k has some programming on satellite...sets
have a built-in hard drive just for the demo!

By the time I'm ready to buy, 4k will be far more common. Remember when
networks only broadcast in color in the evening?

I remember when the NBC peacock would *start* spreading its feathers
in B&W and *finish* in "living color".

I also remember home-made bomb shelters in basements, dental "drills"
that were powered with cords on a cascade of articulated pulleys,
kerosene "bombs" (bowling balls with lit wicks) in construction areas
(instead of the orange dunce caps or blinking saw horses), fluoroscopes
in shoe stores, "whites only" water fountains, Georgia chain gangs, etc.

cripes, seems like ancient history! :-/

Even more important, non-geared can openers.