Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default 600W 2-stroke generator

On Thu, 08 Oct 2015 10:06:29 +0100, charles
wrote:

Is there anything I can try to resurrect it? The oil/petrol mix has
been in there a while, should I pour that out and start again?

There used to be a product called, I think, "Damp Start" wich you sprayed
into the air intake for situations like this. It seemed - from the smell -
to be a highly combustable product - so it probbly got banned under some
regulation.

Damp start is a spray which applies a plastic like film coating to
what it is sprayed at. was useful in the days of weak ignition
systems to keep damp from causing HV leakage from grotty distributor
caps and plug leads whose insulation was breaking down or another
layer of insulation where engines got splashed regularly.

Spraying it into an air intake won't do anything after it much good.

Easy start is probably what you mean, One time I believe it was
mainly Ether but improper use by druggies probably has seen the
composition changed.
Some used to say an engine got addicted to it and would not start
without. Hand cranking with a handle needed extra care as premature
ignition causing a kick back was more likely when using it.

G.Harman