Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default 600W 2-stroke generator

T i m wrote:
On Thu, 08 Oct 2015 19:39:17 +0100, ss wrote:

snip

I have a cheapo that hasnt seen the light of day for over 5 years, would
it be best to empty of everything and store dry?

Considering what you have said, I'd say 'yes, probably'.

It was actually given to me but have never had to use ....but maybe one day.

I have a couple for the exact same reason. ;-)

I generally run anything that I'm not likely to use for a while dry.
e.g. Turn the fuel off when it's running and let it run till it stops.

The alternative approach that works with my lawnmower is to never turn the
fuel off so that the float chamber never dries out (assuming fuel left in
the tank).

As my lawnmower doesn't have a fuel tap this is quite easy to remember. ;-)
Always starts on about the third pull every spring.

Tim