Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default TV turns itself off & on ..

On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 11:18:50 AM UTC-4, hubops wrote:

When HDTV came out, it was described as like looking through a window.
And when I first saw it, that's what I thought too. When I'm in Costco
looking at the 4K demos, now I think that looks like looking out a
window. Just shows how you get used to what you have.

AFAIK, there aren't any sources for true 4K yet. I guess regular HD
sources are supposed to look better anyway, they upconvert them somehow.
Whatever they are using for a demo source sure looks great. I wonder
what that source could be?

... my brand new $ 600. LG 42 inch LED
seems to provide a poorer picture quality than the
old 32 inch RCA CRT that it's replacing !
... could it be the cable ? or something else ?
It's fed by a Bell Expressvue satellite dish.
Or is it just a matter of my eyes adjusting to the change ?
John T.

Is the box HD? You're connected to the HD outputs?
Via HDMI? Component video?

If you take a standard def source and blow it up
to 42", it's going to look poor. An HD source should
look excellent on a 42", much better than a std def
source on a 32". So, something it's right and I doubt
it's your eyes.