Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default TV turns itself off & on ..

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 08 Oct 2015 11:17:32 -0400, hubops
wrote:

When HDTV came out, it was described as like looking through a window.
And when I first saw it, that's what I thought too. When I'm in Costco
looking at the 4K demos, now I think that looks like looking out a
window. Just shows how you get used to what you have.

AFAIK, there aren't any sources for true 4K yet. I guess regular HD
sources are supposed to look better anyway, they upconvert them somehow.
Whatever they are using for a demo source sure looks great. I wonder
what that source could be?

... my brand new $ 600. LG 42 inch LED
seems to provide a poorer picture quality than the
old 32 inch RCA CRT that it's replacing !
... could it be the cable ? or something else ?

Check all your connections. What had been a perfect picture from my VCR
got quite bad. When I got behind the equipment, I found the F-connector
practically falling out of its jack behind the DVDR. Either the
outside/ground was barely touching the outside of the jack, or it wasn't
touching at all. I thought I put it in right, but it was hard to turn
the nut at that angle.

Consider speed adapters/connectors, that screw on to the F-connector and
then push on to the jack. Really only needed if you're going to be
disconnecting and connnecting, but in this case it would have helped me.
They also make right-angle adapters, which can make the connectors stick
backwards less, and not hit the back of the shelf.

It's fed by a Bell Expressvue satellite dish.
Or is it just a matter of my eyes adjusting to the change ?
John T.