Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default TV turns itself off & on ..

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 7 Oct 2015 21:14:14 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

By the time I'm ready to buy, 4k will be far more common. Remember when
networks only broadcast in color in the evening?

I don't remember that, but I remember when they didn't broadcast in
color at all.

"This program has been brought to you in compatible color"

which I didn't understand for another 30 years. Compatible meaning
black & white sets could understand it and show the picture in black and
white, and the opposite too, which iirc meant when they sent a black and
white show in compatible color, the color sets would render it in black
and white.

The curve is supposed to enhance peripheral viewing. I've not done any
serious viewing yet. The demo sure looks good though.