Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default New toy

On 10/6/2015 2:27 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 05 Oct 2015 19:40:50 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 10/05/2015 04:00 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Stuffs it with white epoxy goo, hits it with a UV light... and the stuff
goes off within seconds.

Smells like structural acrylic resin to me. We didn't use a UV cure but
once you've worked with it it's not a smell you forget. I don't find it
unpleasant.

I don't remember there being any smell at the dentist's office.

Methacrylate resins are generally used in dental work. Methyl
methacrylate can be smelled at levels below 1 ppm.

Acrylic resins are those usually cured with UV light. The UV activates
the catalyst.