Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default alt.home.repair newsgroup statistics for 09/2015

On 10/7/2015 11:28 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 10/7/2015 9:19 PM, Muggles wrote:

[...]
If you have no *desire* to eat, how will a timer "make you hungry"
(WANT to eat?).

Is no desire to eat a result of a physical thing, or because you just
get focused on tasks?

Being preoccupied plays a big role -- easily NOT distracted!
The time required (away from the task at hand) to prepare that
meal is also a consideration (do I *really* want to take a
30-60 minute break, now, JUST to eat??).

But, I also tend not to *get* "hungry" -- thirsty, yes (so, I
get up frequently to make a fresh cup of tea -- something that
takes just a minute or two).

I keep small containers of small snacks or meals in the frig so I don't
have to spend much time preparing food. Eat it cold or warm it up in the
microwave for a minute and I'm good to go.

Isn't that like telling someone who is constipated to set a timer
to remember to sh*t?? : (even if he doesn't "have to"?)

I had to remind my son that his body was like an engine. If you don't
add fuel it's going to quit running. He'd eat junk food and then forget
to eat altogether at times. Then he'd ask me why he felt so bad all the
time.

I don't "feel bad", generally. If I'm digging in the yard or working
on the roof -- something that is physically strenuous and/or exposes
me to the heat -- then I will get "run down" and tend to want to
stuff something *quick* in my belly. But, if doing research,
writing code, etc. -- sedentary activities -- my body appears to be
able to make every calorie last a long time!

I'm also not a "nervous eater" -- I don't tend to sit down with a
bag of chips and mindlessly eat them until the bag is empty (I don't
eat any of these sorts of snacks). I tend to need my hands free and
clean to do whatever I'm doing at the time so "snacking" requires
lots of time "cleaning up" between nibbles.

I keep a can of unsalted unprocessed whole mixed nuts for when I need an
in between meal snack. The Dr. told me it was good for keeping my sugar
readings steady.

--
Maggie