Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] avagadro7@gmail.com is offline

Default Adhesive to hold Speaker crossover components

On Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 9:54:37 AM UTC-4, amdx wrote:
I'm replacing a couple of capacitors in speaker crossover.
The parts have a glue that holds them tight to the PCB, the glue is
still a little bit rubbery after 33 years. (Pioneer HPM-700)
What can I use that will do the same job, without solvent damage
to the electronic parts?

Mikek

Lexel lives on the top of RV's, but is used for gluing tupper ware together...that is there should be a hard solvent process in there...see the MSDS.

here's Allied:

http://www.alliedelec.com/chemicals-adhesives/