Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Anyone familiar with First Alert OneLink detectors?

On Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 9:59:34 PM UTC-4, bobmct wrote:
Recently installed 3 combo and 4 smoke only OneLink wireless devices.
All were set and programmed per the instruction sheet. All
individually test OK when using the test button. However, how can one
determine if all are communicating when an actual alarm occurs?
Testing seems to test only the individual unit. Any ideas? I can
find no such info on the Mfgs web site or in the supplied manual.

Thx

---

You might want to call First Alert at 1-800-323-9005.

Unless the nice lady I talked to is wrong, she said that pressing the
test button on the main unit should cause all the other units to sound.

Now if that is true, I have an issue with that being the only way to test
all of the features. According to this PDF, the OneLink units operate
on a "mesh network" meaning that devices talk to all devices.

http://www.brkelectronics.com/BRK%20images/OneLink%20FAQ's.pdf

If the only way to test all devices is from the main unit, then how do you
really know that all units are talking to all units? It seems to me that
*any* test button should trigger all units. That is the only way I would
feel comfortable that no matter where the problems occur, all units will
sound.

Well, other than a smoke test, of course.