Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno is offline

Default Adhesive to hold Speaker crossover components

On Wed, 7 Oct 2015 07:49:45 -0500, amdx Gave us:

On 10/6/2015 5:22 PM, amdx wrote:
On 10/6/2015 4:39 PM, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno wrote:
On Tue, 6 Oct 2015 10:10:51 -0500, amdx Gave us:

On 10/6/2015 8:54 AM, amdx wrote:
I'm replacing a couple of capacitors in speaker crossover.
The parts have a glue that holds them tight to the PCB, the glue is
still a little bit rubbery after 33 years. (Pioneer HPM-700)
What can I use that will do the same job, without solvent damage
to the electronic parts?

Mikek

Thanks Guys,
A 10 minute search and a phone call to the wife, I just had to dig
deeper into where I thought the hot glue was.

Mikek

It is all over your synapses and holding your eyelids shut.

Expectations. I was looking for the orange power cord. It was in a
bookcase behind other items, in a bag. I couldn't see the orange cord
through the bag.
In other words, it was my wife's fault!

Mikek :-)

The caps have been replaced, the speakers work. I think! This a 4 way
speaker with the super tweeter crossover frequency at 12kHz. I can't
hear past 11kHz. I plan on selling these speakers, so I want to verify
they do operate. I did verify operation out of the cabinet driving the
super tweeters with a signal generator. I need to hook my sig gen to my
amp and listen to the super tweeter with a mic and scope while in the
cabinet.
Where is teenager when you need one?

Mikek

Feed the amp with the sig gen to spot the crossover points.

Drive with no more than 150mV