Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Some people.

On Wednesday, 7 October 2015 14:32:04 UTC+1, Adrian wrote:
On Wed, 07 Oct 2015 13:06:41 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I meant SELL THEM THE ****ING BENEFITS OF IT! Tell them WHY they want
it. Don't just give them an acronym that nobody understands, and hope
they do.

If the item needs 'selling' I don't want to know. It's simply there for
anyone who would like to buy it.

Yes, but you're not explaining to people who MIGHT want to buy it why
they want to buy it.

You mean get Apple to do an ad for it, seems a bit OTT to me.

Having googled about it, I might well be interested - geography apart.

So you expect the seller to explain to you why you might want it.
But how will the seller know your address or any buyers address.

I've never heard of DLP, for a start.

That really surprises me on this group. You've never encountered an
overhead projector and wondered how it worked? Or a cinema one?

Yes, but I've never heard the acronym.

I haven't either and that would make me look more closley not less and then order it.
Glad I didn't listen to a friend when I tiold him I'm going out saturday to buy an SLR, he told me it was illegal for me to own one as I was under 18.