Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Some people.

On Tuesday, 6 October 2015 20:12:30 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
News wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
News wrote

I did, but am aware that few who buy TVs know that they even exist.

How do you know that ?

Were I to guess, I would side with Rod on this one.

When he said few I assume he meant few
who buy TVs know what they are buying.

Know about what different TV technologys are available.

How will you know which TV to buy if you don't understand the technologies.
Why buy a TV anyway why not a monitor.

The most most can manage is whether its an older
rather deep TV or a modern much thinner one.

you mean cheap or expensive, cheap bad expensove good.

would you remain in that state of ignorance
if you were planning on buying a TV.

Plenty do.

If they buy a 8k TV from a poundshop that is their choice.

Would you worry about the size or wieght,

Hardly anyone does until its time to put it on the wall etc.

I've never mounted a TV on a wall, hardly anyone that IO know has done that.
Except one who brought a 55 inch cuvred 4K with the latest surround sound
with suround sound he hasd someone come in and install it.
He didn't even consider ebay I wonder why.

I didn't either with the last of the ****ing great wide
screen CRT TVs. When it got delivered, it was obvious
that it was too heavy for me to put on the quite low
thing I stood it on and had to get one of my
neighbour mates to give me a hand to lift it onto that.

you ordered a TV without knowing it's specs of size and weight.

whether it had freeview, or FV HD. 4K or HD ready.

**** all of that level of buyer understand anything
like that and I know that because a couple of them
have asked me to get one at a garage/yard sale

so not ebay then. So these peole aren;lt buying on ebay.

and
I even had to ask them whether they wanted a modern
flat screen TV or whether an older CRT TV would do.

So they don;t know what they want why would they buy off ebay.

Me too, but the average ebay buyer of TVs doesn't.

Well I think they shouldn't be bidding if they don't know
what they are bidding on. But I guess that's a lot to expect.

A huge problem for eBay sellers. Buyers buy what they
think they see, not what they actually see, and then complain.
Put details in the description using text six inches high, and
the average eBay buyer will still not read it.

Not what I've found.

You only have to read the feedback to see its one hell of a problem.

Examples .

The average ebay buyer is overstating it, but its surprisingly common.

it sems the peole you know or are advising haven't been using ebay,
but they do have Ls and Rs on their boots because they don't undersatnd feet come in pairs.